Rustic Slovenian Potato Soup 🥣 A simple old fashion recipe that requires very few ingredients, and the beauty is you will have it on the table in 30 minutes.
5-6 Yukon gold potatoes
2 bay leaves
2-3 cups of water
200g of flour
Pinch of nutmeg
4-6 Tbsp’s sour cream (Optional)
• Peel the potatoes, rinse and cut them into small cubes.
• Place a medium sized pot add the bay leaves, salt, cubed potatoes and water. Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
• In the meantime, put a small pot on the stove and add in the milk and flour. Mix until well combined and then add to the boiled potatoes. Mix the soup well and cook for another 5 minutes.
• Salt the soup to taste and season with nutmeg & vegeta (optional)
• Serve warm with a spoonful of sour cream (optional). Dober tek!
I want to see your delicious photos!
I hope this Slovenian Potato Soup Recipe becomes a new favourite for you and your family. If you make something and post it on social media, please tag #sloveniankitchen or @slovenska_kuhinja so I can see it on Facebook and Instagram too!
Lots of love,