Walnut crescent cookies, Orehovi Kifeljčki or Vanilla ‘moon’ cookies, are definitely a traditional Slovenian cookie found on every dessert plate or midnight buffet table. Truly a delicious baked goodie for your Christmas Cookie Platter!
Watch step by step tutorial on how to make these Traditional Walnut Crescent Cookies 👉🏻 https://youtu.be/2OaiOYHe9uM
- 1 + 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 3/4 cup butter (ROOM TEMPERATURE)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
***Vanilla sugar mixture: 1 cup of sugar mixed with 1 package of vanilla sugar
Or if using a scale:
- 250g flour
- 100g sugar
- 100g ground walnuts
- 150g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- Mix All above ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Roll tablespoons of dough into half moon shapes.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 17-19 minutes. (Every stove is different so adjust baking time accordingly)
- Once removed from the oven, allow the cookies to sit for about 1-2 minutes then we will roll them very gently in a bowl with 1 cup of sugar and 1 package of vanilla sugar.
** If you try my recipes and love them - Please connect with me. Tag me on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest! I love hearing from you!!
Made with Love,
❤️ Michelle XO
made the cookies and turned out good
One of my all time favorites!!
Made them last year but forgot how to do it. I will be trying this before Christmas!