These Slovenian Almond Macaroons are an old family recipe. Super easy to make and they always make it on to my Christmas dessert plate! They’re deliciously soft and chewy on the inside and hard on the outside. They are one of my husbands favourite cookies that makes and he looks forward to having them every year at Christmas!
• 250g or 2 1/2 cups ground almonds
• 150g icing sugar or 1 1/3 cups
• additional 50g icing sugar or 1/3 cup & 1 Tbsp set aside to mix with the egg whites
• 1 tsp almond extract
• 4 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Mix Ground Almonds, 150g icing sugar with almond exctract in a bowl - set aside
3. Separate bowl Beat egg whites adding reserved icing sugar (50g or 1 1/3 cups) - add slowly to egg whites until you reach a stiff peak
4. Add the ground almonds mixture to egg whites folding them carefully until well combined
5. Place macaroons on parchment paper
bu using 2 teaspoons or piping bag
6. Bake in Center oven for 20-30 minutes, - timing will depend on the size of your macaroons
I want to see your delicious photos!
I hope this recipe becomes a new favourite for you and your family. If you make something and post it on social media, please tag #sloveniankitchen or @slovenska_kuhinja so I can see it on Facebook and Instagram too!
Lots of love,