One of the best things about authentic food, like a Traditional Beef GOULASH, is it’s ability to provide comfort to people. Goulash is originally a Hungarian dish, however it is a very common dish served in Slovenia and many other parts of Europe.
There are several different variations — This is our family favourite. You have to give it a try!
• 2-3 onions, diced
• 2 carrots, Chopped
• 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
• 3 pounds of stewing beef
• 1 1/2 - 2 cups of water or Beef broth
• 3 x Bay leaves
• 1 1/2 tsp’s paprika (or more to taste)
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• Salt (to taste)
*optional: tomato paste (start with 1 Tablespoon - add more to taste)
• 2 Tbsp’s of oil
1. Add oil to a large pot. Fry onions on medium temperature until they become translucent.
2. Then add the meat with the onions.
3. Once the meat is slightly browned add in the garlic. Mix until the garlic is fragrant about 30 seconds.
4. Now it’s time to add the carrots.
5. Add enough water or beef broth to cover the meat completely.
6. Give it all a good mix, before adding 3 bay leaves.
7. Add some seasoning: salt, pepper, 1 1/2 tsp’s paprika (or more to taste). *This next step is optional: Add tomato paste (to taste)
8. Mix everything together until really well combined.
9. Cover the pot and lower the temperature. Allow the goulash to simmer on low for 3-4 hours. Stirring occasionally.
10. Serve it along with; mashed potatoes, macaroni, polenta, or my homemade gnocchi recipe, a salad and some fresh bread. Dober tek!
** If you try my recipes and love them - Please connect with me. Tag me on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest! I love hearing from you!!
Made with Love,
❤️ Michelle XO