M I Š K E 🍋 Lemon Fritters - These little guys are literally just fried up little dough balls that taste similar to a funnel cake. They can be made super quickly and are a perfect treat for the Carnival festivities before Lent (Pust) begins!
Get the Recipe on my Blog or my YouTube channel - Link in Bio!
- 1 egg & 2 packages of vanilla sugar (Dr Oetker) place into a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until well combined
- Into the same bowl with the eggs add in: 200g all purpose flour,1 tsp baking powder 3/4 cups of lemon yogourt, 1 Tablespoon rum, Zest from 1/2 of a lemon and a Pinch of Cinnamon
- Using a hand mixer again, mix until you get a really thick batter that Is well combined. *If required you can add a little more yogourt and if the batter is too watery add in flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Heat up Sunflower oil In a deep pot. (About 2” of oil, basically enough oil for them to float and not touch the bottom of the pot.
- Keep oil temperature around 150C or 300F
- When oil is hot enough dip 2 teaspoon’s in the oil and put one teaspoon in the batter and make a rounded shape with the batter before dropping them into the oil
- Fry around 4 minutes. Remove and place onto a tray lined with paper towel or a cooling rack.
- When cooled down, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve!