Slovenian Snowball Cookies — They are also know as ‘forgotten cookies’ or ‘meringue kisses’. These cookies are a holiday must!! They are actually one of my most requested cookies to make. I can pretty much make them with my eyes closed now and you will be able to too!! It contains simple ingredients you probably already have on hand and you won’t believe how easy they are to make. I promise they are fool proof!
2 eggs whites
3/4 cups sugar
1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Before you begin you will want to turn on your oven and preheat it to 350 degrees.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites until you get a nice frothy foamy consistency.
- Slowly add in the sugar. This process should take about a minute ( ** Do not over eat or your egg whites will end up runny) mix until you get a nice stiff peak
- Fold in the rice Krispie cereal, and chocolate chips (sometimes I do 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butterscotch chips)
- Drop by teaspoonful on an ungreased baking sheet 2” apart from each other.
- This step is crucial — TURN OFF YOUR OVEN! Place them into the oven and leave them in your oven for about 6 hours or overnight (aka: ‘forgotten cookies’)
I want to see your delicious photos!
I hope this cookie recipe becomes a new favourite for you and your family. If you make something and post it on social media, please tag #sloveniankitchen or @slovenska_kuhinja so I can see it on Facebook and Instagram too!
Lots of love,
Michelle Pušič Ryall XO