Light & Fluffy Honey Cake — You will love the deep honey flavour in this easy to make cake. The honey adds so much character. You’re going to love it!
6 eggs, room temperature
1 cup of granulated sugar
3 Tbsp’s Honey
2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
2 tsp’s baking soda
2 packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup whipping cream (heavy cream)
1/2 cup powdered icing sugar
1. Beat eggs and add in the sugar gradually. Keep mixing until fluffy and pale yellow. (About 5 minutes)
2. Add the honey.
3. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Cut out parchment paper to fit to the bottom of your two 8 or 9 inch baking pans. ***DO NOT use butter or oil on the sides or bottom of the pans
4. Sift flour and baking soda into the egg mixture. Using a rubber spatula carefully mix until well combined.
5. Divide the batter into the two prepared baking pans.
6. Bake until toothpick comes out clean. An 8 inch cake will take about 40-45 minutes and 9 inch a little less. Every oven is different.
7. Take out cake layers and allow to cool for 5 minutes before taking a thin knife around the edges of the cake to separate from the pans. Gently take cakes out if pan and place them onto a cooling rack to cool.
Frosting: Mix together the cream cheese and condensed milk until well combined and smooth. Add sour cream and vanilla. In a separate bowl whip up the whipping cream (heavy cream) and powdered icing sugar until nice and fluffy. Gently fold whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture.
8. Cut each cake in half and spread each layer with frosting. Spread on top and sides and decorate. If you are adding fruit do it right before you serve the cake.
I want to see your delicious photos!
I hope this recipe becomes a new favourite for you and your family. If you make something and post it on social media, please tag #sloveniankitchen or @slovenska_kuhinja so I can see it on Facebook and Instagram too!
Lots of love,