A delicious summer dessert using fresh & juicy freestone peaches. We planted a peach tree in our backyard 3 years ago and we got our first yield this summer. We were blessed with an abundace of peaches. I was thinking about how to use them up, I knew that this was my opportunity to take advantage and make strudel with them. This delicious Peach Strudel is wrapped in a homemade dough with a ricotta and peach filling! Trust me, this strudel will make you happy!
‣ 4 cups sifted unbleached all purpose flour. Set bowl aside.
In a separate bowl we will add:
‣ 12 oz luke warm water ‣ 1 egg ‣ 1 tsp salt ‣ 2 Tbsp’s oil ‣ 2 Tbsp’s white vinegar
1. Mix together until all well combined.
2. Add wet ingredients to the bowl with the flour.
3. Mix with the dough hook in a stand mixer for 10 minutes or by hand on a work bench. Adding flour 1 tablespoon at a time, only if needed. Mix for 10 minutes.
4. Add 2 Tablespoon’s of oil to a bowl. Place dough ball into a bowl, roll the dough around in the oil. Cover with a clear plastic wrap. Let dough rest on the counter for 2 hours.
‣ 1 package (620g) dry soft unripened Ricotta cheese ‣ 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sour cream ‣ 2 packages vanilla sugar or 2 tsp’s vanilla extract ‣ 1 egg ‣ zest from 1 lemon ‣ 3-4 Tbsp’s white sugar ‣ 5-6 freestone peaches, peeled and chopped or grated ‣ 2 Tablespoons butter ‣ 2 Tablespoons of oil ‣ Graham crumbs or any cookie crumbs ‣ sugar
1. Stretch out the dough onto a tablecloth that has been sprinkled with flour. Stretch until it is really thin.
2. Heat up the oil & butter until melted. Drizzle it on the dough.
3. Sprinkle on graham crumbs or vanilla cookie crumbs
4. Drop spoonfuls of the ricotta filling onto the dough 4. Add the grated or chopped peaches.
5. On the long end start rolling the dough.
6. Cut the dough to desired length. Seal end by pinching and tucking underneath. 7. Place the strudel onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Brush the tops of the strudels with melted butter and score the tops of the strudel
9. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
*if baking from frozen: Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes then lower temperature to 350 and bake for another 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve. Dober tek!
** If you try my recipes and love them - Please connect with me. Tag me #sloveniankitchen #slovenska_kuhinja on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest! I love hearing from you!!
Made with Love,
❤️ Michelle XO