Traditional Slovenian Recipe:
Grated Pasta for Soup | Ribana Kaša
In Slovenian this soup is called 'Ribana kaša'. It is my favourite homemade pasta noodle for soup. It is super easy to make and my children just LOVE it too. It brings homemade broth to a whole new level.
Ingredients for Pasta noodles:
3/4 cup flour
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 tsp salt
* Follow video tutorial for directions 👉🏻 https://youtu.be/0eAyjb-GqCU
- Add the flour to a bowl. Make a well in the center. Add the beaten egg and salt to the well. Slowly incorporate together, using your fingers or a fork until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Turn it over onto the surface that you are working on and continue kneading by hand until you form a really hard ball of dough. *warning* the ball will be VERY hard and that is what you are looking for.
- Shape the dough into a puck. Wrap it in a clear plastic wrap. Place the dough in the freezer for appx. 30 minutes.
- Grate the dough onto a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper. *When grating use the larger holes on the grater.
- If you are using the pasta dough right away, allow it to dry for at least an hour. Otherwise, dry it overnight and seal it in an airtight container. Store it in a (dry area) pantry for up to 2 months
- Serve with my homemade soup broth. * See Recipe below *
Michelle's Homemade beef broth
1 Kg of beef bones
2 small yellow onions, unpeeled
2 leeks, roots & stems removed
2 celery stalks
7 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1/2 of a red pepper
3 sprigs fresh thyme
8 parsley stems
2 dry bay leaves
8-10 black peppercorns
1. Add all the above ingredients to a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil.
2. As soon as it boils, reduce heat to a medium low, just to maintain a gentle simmer.
3. Continue to simmer for 3 to 4 hours.
4. Remove the pot from the heat. Ladle the stock through a fine-mesh strainer. Discard the solids. Cool the stock completely and if not using immediately, store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months
** If you try my recipes and love them - Please connect with me. Tag me on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest! I love hearing from you!!
Made with Love,
❤️ Michelle XO