The best thing about these Jam Filled Pocket Cookies is that they are made with only 4 ingredients, and they can be filled with your favourite jam! Our family favourite is filling them with Plum Jam!! Mmmm! Happy baking...
1 x cup of butter (room temperature)
1 x 8oz block of cream cheese
1 x egg yolk (**reserve egg white for later use)
1 1/2 cups of flour
* Bowl of sugar to roll the cookies in as soon as they come out of the oven!
• mix all ingredients by hand ( * add more flour in very small amounts as needed)
• place in fridge for 1 1/2 hours or overnight
• roll out dough
• cut out small round circles
• place about 1/4 tsp of jam in the middle
• brush on reserved egg white ** Helpful tip — by brushing on the egg white around the seam it will help to seal the edges. Then you will press down firmly with your finger tips and seal the ends firmly. The egg whites help ensure that your cookies stay sealed during the baking process -- some cookies may leak jam BUT thats ok they taste just the same.
• Bake in a 325 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes
• As soon as you remove them from the oven toss them gently in a bowl of sugar (add in 1 package of vanilla sugar too! Soooo good!)
I want to see your delicious photos!
I hope this recipe becomes a new favourite for you and your family. If you make something and post it on social media, please tag #sloveniankitchen or @slovenska_kuhinja so I can see it on Facebook and Instagram too!
Lots of love,
Michelle Pušič Ryall XO