Italian Wedding Soup using a Healthy Homemade Soup Broth. It is a deliciously comforting feel-good soup that everyone in the family will enjoy. This soup is on a regular repeat in our house. Yum!
- 454g lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp chopped or dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp’s garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix above ingredients together. Roll into small meatballs and place them on a plate Set aside
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/4 cups diced yellow onion
- 8-10 cups homemade broth (see recipe below)
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 6 oz fresh spinach , chopped or handful of frozen spinach
Finely parmesan, for serving
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add your diced carrots and onions and saute until veggies soften and onion become translucent
2. Add in the chicken broth, season the soup with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste and bring mixture to a boil.
3. Add in the orzo pasta and meatballs, reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Cover and cook until pasta is tender and the meatballs are cooked through, about 20 minutes, Add in the spinach for the last 5 minutes.
Serve with some fresh grated parmesan cheese and a loaf of your favourite bread
Whole chicken or 2-1/2 pounds bony chicken pieces (legs, wings, necks and/or back bones) or 1KG of beef bones
2 small yellow onions, unpeeled
2 leeks, roots & stems removed
2 celery stalks
7 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1/2 of a red pepper
3 sprigs fresh thyme
8 parsley stems
2 dry bay leaves
8-10 black peppercorns
1. Add all the above ingredients to a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil.
2. As soon as it boils, reduce heat to a medium low, just to maintain a gentle simmer.
3. Continue to simmer for 3 to 4 hours.
4. Remove the pot from the heat. Ladle the stock through a fine-mesh strainer. Discard the solids. Cool the stock completely and if not using immediately, store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months
** If you try my recipes and love them - Please connect with me. Tag me on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest! I love hearing from you!!
Made with Love,
❤️ Michelle XO