I have been making this dish since I was a young girl. It was actually one of the first meals I ever made for my parents and siblings. Now I’m making it for my own family, and it still gets devoured — Every.Single.Time! I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we do!
❥ 18-22 dried Cannelloni Tubes or Unico oven-ready (pre-cooked) cannelloni tubes
❥ 500g ricotta cheese
❥ 1 egg
❥ 1/3 cup grated pecorino romano cheese (and some extra to sprinkle on top of the cannelloni)
❥ 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
❥ 1/2 tsp each: salt & pepper
* optional: 1/4 cup chopped parsley or 250 g / 8 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
❥ Ball of fresh mozzarella — for the top of the cannelloni
❥ Tomato sauce **See my recipe for my Homemade Tomato Sauce
1. Prepare tomato sauce. **See my recipe for my Homemade Tomato Sauce
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. In a large bowl combine: ricotta cheese, egg, grated pecorino romano cheese, grated mozzarella cheese, salt & pepper. *optional: You can also add the chopped parsley or frozen thawed chopped spinach
4. Ladle some warm tomato sauce to the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Using a piping bag fill each cannelloni tube
5. Place tubes side by side until you fill the baking dish
6. Ladle warm tomato sauce over top of the cannelloni. Sprinkle some grated Romano cheese over top and tear up small pieces of the fresh mozzarella ontop of the cannelloni and sauce.
7. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and and cook for another 10 minutes.
** If you try my recipes and love them - Please connect with me. Tag me on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest! I love hearing from you!!
Made with Love,
❤️ Michelle XO